Thursday, December 31, 2009

December 31, 2009

Though the dates have been deceiving, I have finally come back on track. My first attempt to write a poem a day failed, but these failures are merely the slab upon which success is built. I will start anew tomorrow and attempt another year of poetry. I hope that you have enjoyed this year, and I look forward to sharing a bit of my life with both people who accidentally stumble upon this blog while searching for the lead singer for Toad the Wet Sprocket.

So for my final poem of the year:

Just moments before the ball drops,
the sparklers light. and our names
are written in the disappearing air,

I am watching the friends I have
pour drinks and sip anxious conversation
in a poorly lit uptown apartment.

Among the glass bottles and city lights
there are quick hearts that wait
to see next year's

quick turns and abrupt stops
But for now, we casually await at
station, happily we've arrived together

Hopeful we'll see each other
the next time the golden whistle blows.

No comments: